Going Abroad ES - Political Sciences
If you are interested in going on an exchange, here you will find all the information that you need. Take a look at the presentation of our info session first.
It has a lot of general information and some specifics about your program as well. Here below we will go in to more detail on when, how and where you can go abroad:
Should some of your questions remain unanswered after checking this website and our info session , feel free to get in touch with your Astrid [dot] Pepermans [at] vub [dot] ac [dot] be (exchange coordinator Astrid Pepermans. )
You can go on an exchange in bachelor's year 3 (semester 1 and/or 2) or your master's year (semester 1).
You need to:
- have passed your courses of bachelor's year 1
- have passed all first semester courses of bachelor's year 2
- have passed at least for 48 ECTS in total of bachelor's year 2
- do the bachelor's paper in distance learning if you go abroad for 1 semester
You need to:
- have obtained your bachelor's degree or passed for the bridging or preparatory program
- do the course 'Onderzoeksdesign voor de Masterproef' in distance learning
- get the approval of the supervisor of your master's thesis
1. Select your top 3 destinations (list below)
2. Provide the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (in Dutch or English)
- Results including those of 2016-17 (semester 1)
3. Send your application to your Astrid [dot] Pepermans [at] vub [dot] ac [dot] be (exchange coordinator Astrid Pepermans)
4. Deadline is February 20th 2017
All applications will be ranked, in that particular order, according to the overall results, letter of motivation and link between destination and the topic of the bachelor's paper or master's thesis.
This will only come into play when more students apply for the same destination than the number of places that is available.
After you have nominated and have received your destination, you will have to come up with a learning agreement.
In short: in your learning agreement you propose the courses that you will be taking at your guest university.
You will need to take a look at the offer of your guest university (website) yourself and come up with a proposal of your own to discuss with your exchange coordinator.
|Belgium - Brussels||Université Libre de Bruxelles||website|
|Germany - Berlin||Freie Universität Berlin||website|
|Spain - Barcelona||Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona||website|
|Spain - Madrid||Universidad Complutense de Madrid||website|
|France - Montpellier||Université Montpellier I||website|
|Hungary - Budapest||Central European University||website|
|Italy - Rome||Università degli Studi di Roma 'La Sapienza'||website|
|Ireland - Cork||University College Cork||website|
|Norway - Bergen||University of Bergen||website|
|Netherlands - Amsterdam||Universiteit Amsterdam||website|
|Netherlands - Maastricht||Maastricht University||website|
|Poland - Warsaw||University of Warsaw||website|
|Turkey - Istanbul||Istanbul Bilgi Universitesi||website|
VUB exchange destinations outside Europe
Have a look at the exchange possibilities outside of Europe.