Student card and certificates

All information on how to get your student card and administrative documents

Student card and registration certificates

After you have signed the (re-)enrolment contract via your Student Self-Service you will receive a student card and enrolment certificates. You will receive these within the next three weeks by post if you have a home address in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France or Luxembourg.

You do not have a home address in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France or Luxembourg?

In that case your student card and enrolment certificates will not be sent by post. You must personally come by the front desk of the Education and Student administration. You can find the contact details and opening hours here.

Make sure that your address is always up to date. You can consult and manage your address details in your Student Self-Service.

Attestation for public transport

  • New VUB student: You will receive attestation for public transport (SNCB, STIB, ... ) during your registration on campus. 
  • Current VUB-student: Together with your student card you will receive a registration certificate. You will receive these per post after you have re-enrolled. You can use the registration certificate to buy a subscription for public transport. 
    In case you urgently need attestation, please visit the Education and Student administration for this. 
    Attention: you need to be enrolled for the current academic year in order to receive this attestation.

Request attestations and certificates

  • Certificates can only be requested via the online form.

  • Recently graduated students (current academic year) do not have

to request a graduation certificate.
These are printed after the proclamation date and sent within two weeks per post.

By using this online form you can request the following certificates:

  • registration certificateRequest certificates >>>
  • deregistration certificate
  • graduation certificate
  • proof of payment of tuition fee
  • attestation of language of instruction
  • study curriculum (this is an overview of all your enrolments at the VUB)
  • duplicate of your student card (in case of loss or damage of your original student card). 

Credit certificates and duplicate diploma

You can request a credit certificate at your faculty. The faculty also gives you your diploma. 

Duplicate of your diploma and/or diploma supplement

Duplicates of the diploma and the diploma supplement are only issued in the case of loss or theft, or if they become damaged or illegible.

! In most cases a graduation certificate will be sufficient.
You can obtain this certificate free of charge via the Education and Student administration by using this online form.

Follow this procedure if you still require a duplicate and/or diploma supplement.

Transcript of records

A transcript of records will only be available once the Examination Board has been convened, and has discussed your examination results of the second examination period. Your official transcript, including the examination results of each course as well as the proclamation code, can then be downloaded via the Student SelfService.

! In January a transcript of records will only be available for students graduating in January.

If there is no transcript of records available for you yet, but you do need an official transcript of records, please contact your faculty.