Student administration for students with an exam contract


! A secondary education diploma is required for admission for an exam contract.

For enrolment with an exam contract you will need to request permission from the faculty that offers the course(s) of your choice.

Form 'Enrolment with an exam contract'

Print out the form 'Enrolment with an exam contract' and have it signed by the faculty's learning path counselor. This form will have to be uploaded into your online application.

! Do note that if the courses you wish to follow belong to several faculties, you will have to print out the form for every faculty to which the courses belong to. Each form must be signed by the learning path counselor of the corresponding faculty.

Online application

As soon as permission to follow the course is granted, you can start with submitting your online application.

  • If this is your first time using the online application form, you choose 'create new account'.
  • If you already have an account or VUB NetID, you choose 'login'.

Fill in your personal details and complete the application form.

On the ‘program selection’ page, under 'choice of programme' tick the box 'show the complete list of VUB courses. I am registering based on my file'.

If you have permission to enrol with an exam contract in order to

Contact the Education and Student administration

In both of the cases mentioned above you should contact the Education and Student administration after the completion of your application via studentadministration [at] vub [dot] be to have your contract type adjusted (from credit contract to exam contract or from diploma contract to exam contract).

Sign the online contract

When permission to enrol is granted, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the Student Self-Service in order to sign your enrolment contract. Signing this contract means you agree to and comply with the terms and conditions of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.


It is not possible to re-enrol for an exam contract. The exam contract is to be applied for each year.

You can do this via the online application. Log in with your NetID and have the signed exam contract form ready for upload.