Regulations and forms
- Central PhD regulations
- Supplementary faculty regulations
- Doctoral training programme and Doctoral Schools
- Joint PhD model agreements
- Progress reports
- PhD Topics
English version of the Central Regulations Concerning the Conferring of the Academic PhD Degree: Central PhD Regulations (approved by the Academic Council on October 5th 2015)
Only the Dutch version is considered legally binding.
Each Faculty has its own Faculty PhD Regulations, based on the Central Regulations. Only the Dutch versions are considered legally binding.
- Faculty of Arts And Philosophy: Faculty PhD Regulations LW (10/2015)
- Faculty of Engineering: Faculty PhD Regulations IR
Click here for more information about the PhD in the faculty IR
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences: Faculty PhD Regulations PE (2009)
- Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy: Faculty PhD Regulations LK (10/2015)
- Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences and Solvay Business School: Faculty PhD Regulations ES (2009)
The English translations for WE, RC and GF are not available yet. Please refer to the Dutch versions here.
Enrolment of Research fellows: step by step
- Enrolment of Research fellows: step by step procedure
- Overview of open PhD topics
Doctoral Training Programme and Doctoral Schools
- Decision regarding the organization of the Doctoral Training Programme at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Doctoral School Regulations
- Doctoral Schools & Central PhD Office No-show Policy
Forms for VUB PhD-students
- Registration Form Regular Courses
If you are a member of a PhD student from the VUB use this form to register for regular course units at the VUB. Send in the form to the Central PhD Office.
- Application Form to apply for the Certificate
PhD students who have obtained min. 30 credits and who have defended their doctoral thesis successfully, receive a Doctoral Training Programme Certificate in addition to their PhD degree certificate. The Doctoral Training Programme Certificate is signed by the Rector of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Guest registration at the UGent
VUB PhD students who wish to participate in regular courses and/or Doctoral Seminars at the UGent, can use this form to register as a guest student at the University of Ghent and to register for the regular courses they wish to follow. More information here.
- Registration form for regular course units at the UGent
After your enrollment as a guest student you can register for regular course units at the UGent. More information here.
- Proof of Participation
This form can be used as proof of your participation in activities organized by the Doctoran Schools and the Central PhD Office. The form needs to be signed by the teacher/speaker/organizer of the activity. This form only serves as a proof of participation for your own use (f.e. for your annual progress report). The Central PhD Office and the Doctoral Schools make use of attendance lists as proof of participation for their activities.
For PhD students from other Flemish universities
PhD students from other Flemish universities can participate in regular courses at the VUB, in most cases free of charge. How? Two steps:
- the PhD student must register as a guest student at the VUB, by using the online application tool
- once s/he is enrolled and has a student number, s/he can use this form to register the regular courses, through the Central PhD Office.
Profile of a good supervisor
This profile is part of the measures taken in 2003 to improve the support for PhD students. It is a deontological code for all academic staff supervising a PhD dissertation.
More information on the Joint PhD can be found here.
- Agreement between Flemish partners: Dutch / English
- Agreement between non-Flemish partners: Dutch / English
- Agreement with ULB: English
Please contact your faculty secretariat for the latest version.
- Faculty of Arts and Philosophy: progress report
- Faculty of Law and Criminology: progress report
- Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences & Solvay Business School: progress report
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences: progress report
- Faculty of Science and Bio-engineering Sciences: progress report
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy: progress report
- Faculty of Engineering: progress report
- Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy:progress report
- Doctorate in the Arts (exceeding the competence of a single faculty): progress report
- Doctorate in the interdisciplinary studies (exceeding the competence of a single faculty): progress report