Career guidance for PhD students and post-docs, in cooperation with the VUB Career Centre
Individual career coaching for young researchers (pre- and postdoc)
The VUB Career Center offers structural, tailor-made advice and coaching to guide interested young researchers in positioning themselves on the labour market.
The coaching starts with an individual intake-meeting where coach and coachee map out the necessary steps to achieve exisiting labour market objectives. One on one-meetings, participation in collective workshops, working on specific assignments, etc... are all part of the coachings’ steps.
The coaching is available for all pre-doc and post-doc researchers connected tot the VUB (up to 5 years after PhD). For more information, please contact Caroline Vercauteren (caroline [dot] vercauteren [at] adecco [dot] be) of the VUB Career Center (careercenter [at] vub [dot] ac [dot] be).
Ad hoc workshops on career development and labour market related topics
- Career and grant opportunities for researchers and PhD’s at the EU-institutions
- Working permits and regulations for non-EU-citizens on the Belgian labour market
- Testimonials of PhD’s having made the transition from the academic world to the labour market
- Cross cultural competences to be effective during your job search and professional career
- Personal branding. To enhance your employability and professional career
Workshops of approximately 3-hours, maximum 12 participants.
Planning and registration
The planning (and registration modalities) of these workshops is announced in the e-newsletter and on this page.
Career Coaching Course
This course prepares and trains researchers to successfully choose and execute career developments. The course consists of an intake meeting followed by 5 interactive workshops.
Next edition: autumn 2017