How much are the tuition fees for 2016-2017?
From the time of enrolment (= signing the registration contract online in the Student SelfService) you owe tuition fee to the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Students who require a visa to study are obliged to take a full time study programme. This means they are required to register for at least 54 ECTS in courses.
This tuition fee consists of a fixed amount and a variable amount
- the fixed amount is a fixed cost which is paid once per academic year
- the variable amount is a specific amount payable per ECTS credit in your year programme.
The tuition fee = the fixed amount + (the variable amount x the number of registered ECTS credits).
The amount that you will pay for the fixed and the variable amount depends, among other things, on:
- the programme you enrol in;
- your nationality (EEA or non-EEA);
- the number of ECTS credits that you register for;
- links the type of contract you have: a credit-, exam- or diploma contract
- changes to your programme that imply changes to you tuition fee
Tuition fees for 2016-2017
- General overview of the tuition fees
- Overview of the programmes with different tuition fees for non-EEA students
- Overview of the advanced master's programmes with a specific tuition fee calculation
- Overview of the tuition fee calculations for the postgraduate programmes
Example tuition fee calculation
A non-EEA student who enrols for the Master of Science in Management (incl. the preparatory programme of 18 credits) for 78 ECTS credits will need to pay € 3.400,00 with the calculation as follows: €1450,00 (fixed amount) + €25,00 (variable amount) * 78 ECTS.
The rules that apply to the tuition fees, can be consulted in the Teaching and examination regulations.