How do I manage my personal data?

In the Student SelfService, you can view your personal data and also change a number of data. To view your data, navigate via ‘Personal information’ to the tab 'Personal information'.

A number of data, such as your name, date of birth, nationality and your home address, cannot be modified. If these data are incorrect, you can contact the Education and Student Administration.


You cannot change your home address (1) yourself. Please contact the Education and Student Administration via e-mail studentadministration [at] vub [dot] ac [dot] be for this.

In addition to your home address, you can add another address (e.g. your student's apartment address) to your data. To add an address, click 'Add a new address' (2). You can choose the date from which the new address will apply. Then click 'Save'.

To edit an address, click 'Edit address' and then 'OK'. 

Note: your correspondence will always be sent to your home address.

Telephone numbers

You can add a telephone number by clicking 'Add telephone number' and then 'Save'. You can also edit an incorrect telephone number or delete a telephone number.

E-mail addresses

You can add a personal e-mail address by clicking 'Add e-mail address'. You can edit an e-mail address by directly changing it in the e-mail address column. You can also delete an e-mail address added. Note: VUB correspondence will always be sent to your VUB e-mail. You can easily set a "forward" so that all your university e-mail is automatically forwarded to another address (instructions).

Emergency contact

In this tab, you can enter the data for one or more contacts to be contacted in the event of an emergency. To add a new person, click 'Add emergency contact'. If the contact can be reached at your address or has the same telephone number, you can check the box ‘Same address as individual’ or ‘Same telephone as individual’.

Preferred language

In addition to your personal data, you can set your preferred language. This will be taken into account, wherever possible, for all communications. However, deviations are possible. You can choose between Dutch or English.

If you have problems managing your personal data, you can contact the Education and Student Administration.

Werd je vraag beantwoord?