- Day-care centres in Elsene and Jette
- Contact details
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel has two day-care centres: one in Elsene and one in Jette.
These day-care centres have 180 places for children between 0 and 3 years old:
- 70 children in Elsene
- 110 children in Jette
Dutch is used for all contacts with the children and their parents/educators.
The VUB day-care centres are recognised and subsidised by the statutory childcare agency Kind & Gezin. This means that, although the final responsibility for the quality of the crèches lies with the university, as the organising body, Kind & Gezin conducts all the checks and inspections required to guarantee quality control.
The day-care centres are open to everyone.
Children of the students and the staff of the Brussels University Association (i.e. the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the Erasmushogeschool Brussel) and children of the staff of the Academic Hospital in Jette (Dutch: Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Jette campus) have priority.
It is recommended to apply for registration well in advance, preferably before the end of the fourth month of pregnancy. If you are in a special situation, your application may still be considered even if it is late.
More information and applying for registration:
- via e-mail kinderdagverblijven [at] vub [dot] ac [dot] be
- by telephone (see the contact details below)
- in person, by appointment.
- You will receive a registration form and a copy of the internal regulations with detailed information on how the crèche is organised.
- The possibilities of admitting your child are formally examined once you have returned the completed registration form.
- If your application is urgent, the procedure and routine will be explained to you immediately on this first contact.
- You will get a reply stating the admission possibilities at the latest 6 months prior to the desired admission date.
- You will get more information on the admission (visit to the day-care centre, exchange of information, introduction to the crèche staff, familiarising the child, etc.) as soon as the admission of your child has been confirmed.
Parents/educators pay a financial contribution per day or per half day. This contribution is based on family income. More information is available via Kind & Gezin.
The day-care centre in Jette is open on every working day from 06:30 to 19:00, on request until 22:00.
The day-care centre in Elsene is open on every working day from 07:30 to 19:00, on request and under certain conditions until 20:30. The annual closing of this day-care centre is foreseen in the first two weeks of August.
Day-care centre Jette
Situated on the campus of the
Day-care centre Elsene
Situated at the Generaal Jacqueslaan 141 (map)